Software Support Analyst
|Salary Range:||Grade 22|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefit package is offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Software Support Analyst exists to be the first line of contact and communication between the end-users of our major custom applications and our internal IT business analysts and project managers.|
- Use LIRS's Help Desk ticketing system to monitor incoming requests for application support; communicate status to requestor; and gather additional information needed to diagnose the problem; reproduce bugs based on the information given; report information to the Technical Business Analysts so that they can work with the developer to incorporate fix in a software patch or release.
- Communicate regularly with internal and external application stakeholders to promote good working relationships.
- Work with Technical Business Analysts to document defect fixes - for release notes and for updated user documentation.
- Participate in QA testing of bug fix releases and new enhancements; report results to Technical Business Analysts
- Participate in regular Application Development Team meetings, to plan out future enhancements, schedule releases and discuss overall issues that affect all custom software.
- Participate in monthly software development review meetings with stakeholders, where issues and enhancements are discussed and prioritized.
- Cross-train and provide backup support for main LIRS IT Help Desk, using the same ticketing system.
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Deep commitment to LIRS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor Degree in an Information Technology discipline, or at least 5 years of experience working within the software development lifecycle, OR some equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A track record of providing excellent customer service experiences to non-technical, mission-oriented staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly to non-technical users and to technical business analysts and/or software developers.
- Proven ability to learn the business and technical functionality of custom-developed software applications.
- Ability to analyze support requests and to reproduce bugs in order to explain and document the causes of software defects
- Experience monitoring and using an IT Help Desk ticketing system to organize support requests and to communicate the status of requests.
- Experience maintaining system documentation.
- Experience participating in QA testing process.
- Project organization and prioritization skills, needed for success in an environment where there are multiple requests and projects at any given time.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work on a team where each member contributes their unique skills, but are willing to pitch in together to accomplish the goals as needed.
- Certification or coursework/training in a discipline related to the duties of this position.
No phone calls please
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.