Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS)
|Salary Range:||Grade 22|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefit package is offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) position exists to ensure quality service provision by the LIRS affiliate network of programs that foster self-sufficiency and community integration. The QAS assists in the establishment of LIRS service standards and evaluates the effectiveness of LIRS affiliates to effectively meet these standards and the contractual requirements established by the Population, Migration and Refugees Refugee Resettlement Post-Arrival program, and the Office of Refugee Resettlement Preferred Communities and Matching Grant programs.|
- Develop, implement, and evaluate desk monitoring of affiliate's Reception and Placement, Matching Grant, and/or Preferred Communities programs and develop written reports with recommendations, affiliate/LIRS action plans and best practices. Manage desk monitoring protocols, tracking tools, and all related documentation.
- Work in collaboration with Assistant Directors and affiliates in ensuring completion and documentation of follow-up to recommendations and action plans that result from all PRM, ORR, and LIRS monitoring visits. Manage the protocols, tracking tools, and all related documentation.
- Provide technical assistance to affiliates related to issues of service delivery, documentation, and/or reporting. This assistance may include developing and presenting materials for annual LIRS conference workshops and RC trainings.
- Develop and regularly assess criteria for both desk and site monitoring. Applying standards developed in close consultation with your supervisor and approved by the Director for Community Integration. Update all tools, report formats, and protocols as necessary.
- Develop data collection tools and evaluation reports to analyze information/data from affiliates for a variety of different programs and projects as needed/prioritized according to unit work plans and annual priorities.
- Review and evaluate affiliate resettlement trends reports and other various outcomes reports. Share trends and outcomes information with unit and other LIRS-related parties as needed. Coordinate with the Reporting Assistant any outcomes technical assistance to affiliates as necessary. Work with IT to update and test IRIS database reports as needed.
- Plan, prepare for, and conduct affiliate site monitoring visits and develop site visit reports with recommendations, affiliate/LIRS action plans, and best practices.
- Engage in ongoing professional development.
- Participate in agency-wide activities and initiatives including all-staff meetings, working groups or task forces and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Deep commitment to LIRS' core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Two years of program management and/or contract management experience.
- Expertise in outcome-based performance management or quality improvement systems preferred.
- Experience in interpreting contract compliance to service providers or staff.
- Experience in training and providing technical assistance to service providers or staff.
- Experience working with refugees, immigrants or limited English speakers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and sensitivity of cross cultural issues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight approximately 10-15% of the year.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
- Appreciation and respect for Lutheran beliefs and values, church member motivations and sensitivities.
No phone calls please
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.