Digital Communications Assistant
|February 23, 2015 - May 30, 2015|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefit package is offered.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 75-year history, a budget of approximately $58 million per year, and over 100 headquarters staff. For several decades the organization has received the vast majority of its funding from the federal government and has developed a widely-recognized expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Communications, the Digital Communications Assistant will support communications, fund development, and creative services staff with a wide range of communication related tasks, projects and deliverables including, but not limited to, email marketing, media relations, social media and online content management. The role will assist the organization in telling the story of refugees and immigrants, LIRS, and LIRS's partners.
Website maintenance: Coordinate across departments to maintain regular updates to website and optimize website for SEO;
Social media: Assist with managing LIRS's various social channels to engage constituents and to identify and participate in online conversations;
Media relations: Research media coverage and assist with maintenance of media database;
Email marketing: Design, test, and optimize enewsletters;
Content creation/curation/optimization: Assist with writing, creating, editing, delivering and optimizing a range of communications-related materials including blog content, social media, video, photography, annual reports, brochures, reports;
Digital asset management: Maintain database of digital assets ensuring proper tracking;
Event support: Assist with coordination of special events, projects, and campaigns.
- Answer telephones and e-mails; respond to the general public and refers questions to appropriate internal department;
- Build and maintain internal relationships across the organization including with senior leadership team, program staff and communications, outreach and development;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Mass Communications, Marketing, or another relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in communications, marketing, creative writing, and interactive content management.
- At least 1 year experience in email marketing or online communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills including handling many assignments simultaneously.
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate and Wordpress or similar online marketing tool required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) required.
- Flexible and adaptable thinker, with ability to work independently, collaboratively and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Should exhibit creativity and resourcefulness with entrepreneurial attitude and ability to think outside the box, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in concert with team members
- Appreciation and respect for a faith based organization, Lutheran beliefs and values, and sensitivities.
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.