Chief Financial Officer
|October 09, 2017 - November 10, 2017|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefit package is offered.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who brings leadership, financial acumen, strategic insight and a capacity for developing top talent that ensures the continued financial health, integrity and growth of the organization. Reporting to the President and CEO and serving as an integral member of the Leadership Team, the CFO is responsible for the development and execution of LIRS's financial management strategy and is a key contributor to the development of the organization's strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the CFO will build upon the existing financial structure and is accountable for all financial, human resources, and related risk management operations, to include the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve organizational integrity and report accurate financial results.
• Advises the President and other key members of the Leadership Team on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, funding priorities, and policy matters. Maintains a continuous line of communication, keeping key stakeholders informed of critical issues.
• Serves as the financial liaison to the board; effectively communicates and presents critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
• Contributes to the development of LIRS' strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
• Represents the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
• Evaluates and advises on the financial impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action.
• Develops credibility for the finance department by providing timely and accurate analyses of budgets, financial reports and financial trends, in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
• Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
• Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzes organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulating capital to fund expansion.
• Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; and minimizing the impact of variances.
• Understands and mitigates key elements of the organization's financial risk profile and monitors legal issues affecting the industry. Ensures that LIRS complies with all legal and regulatory financial requirements.
• Ensures that the financial procedures and systems meet the requirements of auditors, government agencies and other funders.
• Maintains relations with external auditors and investigates their findings and recommendations.
• Advises from the financial perspective on any contracts or proposals into which the organization may enter.
• Updates job knowledge by: remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; maintaining professional networks; participating in national conferences and seminars related to non-profit business management.
• Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
• Continues to improve the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
• Evaluates the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provides individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
The highly qualified candidate has extensive financial knowledge and know-how with demonstrated success in the non-profit arena. S/He is a collaborative leader, thought partner, and financial strategist that has an innovative eye and a demonstrated results orientation.
• Graduate degree in finance-related field or CPA required.
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a senior management role, ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization.
• Experience in a nonprofit organization; strong knowledge of US government grants, proposals and award regulations; investments; non-profit fundraising and risk management.
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
• Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
• Self-reliant, good problem solver, results-oriented; entrepreneurial team player.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, LIRS' board of directors, and staff.
• Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
• Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
• Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to refugees and immigrants.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter to, by close of business on Friday, November 10, 2017, via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-761461.html . For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.