Affiliate Finance Manager
|January 11, 2018 - January 27, 2018|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefit package is offered.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is seeking an Affiliate Finance Manager who will support and manage the financial aspects of the Reception and Placement (R&P) and Matching Grant (MG) programs. S/he will be the primary finance department contact for LIRS and its affiliates participating in these programs, LIRS program managers, and government agencies.
|Duties:||• Maintain an effective tracking system of programs and affiliate financial activity; receive and process monthly reimbursement requests from affiliates; analyze affiliate monthly data by preparing forecasts and reviewing spending patterns; prepare financial reports and drawdowns for Federal awards. |
• Maintain award financial reporting calendar and preparing financial reports; provide current financial information to relevant program managers; provide analysis that would facilitate their management of the program and the optimization of the award.
• Complete monthly reconciliations of all general ledger accounts related to R&P and MG. Reconcile all accounts for year-end close. Prepare routine month-end accruals for Federal awards.
• Review and reconcile affiliate annual audited financial statements. Resolve all issues before LIRS' Uniform Guidance Compliance is due. Work with affiliates to identify opportunities to improve financial operations via compliance and/or efficiencies. Assist with LIRS year-end close and Uniform Guidance Compliance audit.
• Monitor actual to budget trends and work with program managers to identify and implement corrective action plans as needed. Monitor burn rates for affiliates and Federal programs.
• Track and monitor labor (FTE) against approved budgets and respond to any variances with analysis and propositions for resolution or change.
• Develop, maintain and present a monthly rolling forecast that reflects the best insights of both financial factors and program variables. Understand the primary variables driving program results and explain the consequences of risks posed by each variable.
• Monitor affiliate "risk status" from a financial perspective. Make recommendations as appropriate.
• Support the preparation of the annual Federal program proposal budget submissions in a way that optimizes the opportunity for LIRS. Ensure the proposal has appropriate buy-in and approval from program management and is responsive to the guidelines of the RFP.
• Identify opportunities to provide added-value to affiliates by learning about their challenges and working with them to resolve their issues through one-on-one coaching, making connections between other affiliates, and/or providing or recommending appropriate training. Inform supervisor and program managers of relevant issues.
• Support varied needs of the Accounting and Finance units by temporarily filling in for the absences of other team members or doing special projects as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance related field in combination with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant non-profit accounting experience.|
• Knowledge, experience, and familiarity with federal compliance rules, regulations and standards associated with federal funds and non-profit accounting such as GAAP and OMB's Super Circular (2-CFR-200) required.
• Experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, budget development, and forecasting preferred.
• Knowledge of indirect rate application and allocation methodologies preferred.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify critical priorities and take initiative to respond in a flexible way to changing needs.
• Superior mathematical, analytical, and technical skills. Highly organized, detail-oriented and motivated to remain current on a day-to-day basis.
• Highly proficient in using general ledger software and spreadsheets.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
• Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues, and partners; commitment to refugees and immigrants
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter by Thursday, January 25, 2018 via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-764523.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.