• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance related field in combination with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant non-profit accounting experience.
• Knowledge, experience, and familiarity with federal compliance rules, regulations and standards associated with federal fund and non-profit accounting such as GAAP and OMB's Super Circular (2-CFR-200) required.
• Experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, budget development, and forecasting preferred.
• Knowledge of indirect rate application and allocation methodologies preferred.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify critical priorities and take initiative to respond in a flexible way to changing needs.
• Superior mathematical, analytical, and technical skills. Highly organized, detail-oriented and motivated to remain current on a day-to-day basis.
• Highly proficient in using general ledger software and spreadsheets.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
• Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues, and partners; commitment to refugees and immigrants
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 77-year history, a budget of approximately $70 million per year, and over 100 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, April 27, 2018 via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-767551.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.