|June 08, 2018 - June 21, 2018|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefits package is offered. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking an Outreach Coordinator will support the Director for Outreach and Assistant Director for Outreach in the creation and development of a dynamic grassroots mobilization program for engaging Lutheran constituents, refugee and migrant leaders in advocacy campaign and in building a vibrant and broad-based movement for refugee and migrant rights. S/he will support Outreach efforts in organizing high-profile events including volunteer leadership training, prayer vigils and supporting priority LIRS grassroots mobilization initiatives as needed. Due to the nature of the work, prospective a candidate must be available for special events, and have the ability to travel for a limited number of evenings and weekend dates.
|Duties:||• Support Outreach Unit efforts to Lutheran constituents and Academy Alumni leaders for ongoing grassroots engagement.|
• Support the development of distribution of grassroots resources for congregational engagement including LIRS presence at Synod Assemblies and Conventions.
• Support LIRS presence at Synod Assemblies, District Conventions and other major Church-wide events.
• Support Outreach mobilization strategies and activities for our National Network of Migrant and Refugee Leaders at national and state levels.
• Manage and distribute regular volunteer email communications.
• Conduct applied research for congregational engagement efforts and migrant and refugee leadership trainings.
• Support LIRS World Refugee Advocacy Day events.
• Coordinate day-to-day data maintenance and record keeping ensuring accurate and up-to-date information about Outreach constituents, volunteers, community advocates and other supporters.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Undergraduate degree in a relevant field required and at least a one year of experience related to nonprofit and community organizing.|
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal relation skills.
• Demonstrated experience with the use of social medial for grassroots mobilization and advocacy.
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multitask while demonstrating strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
• Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 77-year history, a budget of $58 million per year, and approximately 90 headquarters staff. LIRS offers a generous benefit package and competitive compensation.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter by COB on Thursday, June 21st via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-769107.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.