Program Coordinator for Volunteer and Community Engagement
|June 08, 2018 - June 21, 2018|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefits package is offered. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking a Program Coordinator for Volunteer and Community Engagement who will support the management and development of national mentoring and volunteer initiatives across all of LIRS. This includes coordinating trainings and developing resources for programs, such as the Circle of Welcome and Detention Visitation programs.
|Duties:||• Provide program and technical support to affiliates and volunteers participating in the Circle of Welcome Program and other LIRS community engagement initiatives. |
• Manage the Better Impact volunteer management software, the Circle of Welcome database and LIRS extranet (LIRSConnect); including the organization of resources, management of user accounts, monitoring data collection, and general technical support.
• Write and edit written materials to support volunteers and volunteer managers around the country
• Manage logistics, contracts and reporting for grants and programming related to community engagement
• Assist in planning and logistics for volunteer management trainings and related events including in-person trainings, webinars, and communities of practice.
• Work collaboratively across LIRS to support volunteerism, mentoring and community engagement.
• Support research and evaluation of LIRS national community engagement initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Undergraduate degree in combination with 2-3 years of experience in non-profit management, volunteer engagement, immigration and/or social services programs. Experience in domestic refugee resettlement preferred. |
• Strong writing and editing skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to establish effective relationships with colleagues and partners, local and national.
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to details.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge in database management and other computer applications.
• Experience with and commitment to working in a diverse workforce.
• Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time.
• Deep commitment to LIRS' core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 79-year history, a budget of $58 million per year, and approximately 90 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
To be considered, please submit resume and cover letter by COB on Thursday, June 21, 2018 via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-769111.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.