Manager for Congregational Outreach
|August 23, 2018 - September 14, 2018|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefits package is offered. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking a Manager for Congregational Outreach (MCO) who will manage LIRS external relationships with Lutheran individuals and congregations. The MCO will inspire and grow the base of Lutheran allies and congregations by cultivating strategic partnerships that further the LIRS mission. S/he will promote Refugee Sunday and other key organizational initiatives with Lutheran congregations and will ensure maximum organizational participation in synod assemblies, district conventions and other major church-wide events. The MCO will represent LIRS at selected events and connect congregations and individuals to deeper engagement as volunteers, advocates, donors, and communicators. S/he will also contribute to the promotion of local and national events.
|Duties:||• Inspire, motivate, and equip synods, districts, and congregations to be engaged in priority LIRS issues/campaigns.|
• Develop, promote and consistently grow the number of congregations participating in Refugee Sunday events by a reasonable percentage point above the previous year's levels.
• Coordinate LIRS participation in synod assemblies and district conventions. Represent LIRS at church meetings and events.
• Connect churches with service partners for volunteer opportunities.
• Grow the base of Lutherans engaging with LIRS advocacy work through meetings with elected officials, letter writing/postcard actions and volunteerism.
• Work with LIRS colleagues to leverage current connections and foster deeper engagement through a variety of action opportunities including advocacy. Build on existing connections to ensure effectiveness of outreach and newly-forged connections through Refugee Sunday and by plugging them into action opportunities like advocating, volunteering and donating.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Undergraduate degree in related field in combination with a minimum 2-3 years of experience in Christian ministry, adult education, community organizing, external relations, or volunteer management.|
• Exceptional public relation skills, with a track record of incorporating others and cultivating networks.
• Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to inspire action and motivate increasing levels of engagement.
• Proven ability to successfully design and implement outreach and marketing strategies with faith- based audiences.
• Working knowledge of Lutheran denominations, theology and congregational life.
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and other applications as needed for relationship management and communications including social media platforms.
• Familiarity with issues facing newcomers and the communities they live in, including access to services and integration-related issues; commitment to refugees and immigrants.
• Familiarity with basic immigration-related legislation/issues.
• Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of overall schedule.
• Appreciation and respect for Lutheran beliefs and values, church member motivations and sensitivities.
• Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
• Proficiency in Spanish language is a plus.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 77-year history, a budget of $58 million per year, and approximately 90 headquarters staff. LIRS offers a generous benefit package and competitive compensation.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter by COB Friday, September 14th via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-771081.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.