Legal Services Program Manager
|January 03, 2019 - January 16, 2019|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefits package is offered. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking a Legal Services Program Manager who will develop and coordinate a national network of pro-bono legal services providers to deliver immigration legal services to all of the people we serve. (S)He will help partners through coordination and dissemination of best practices targeting partners with limited or no immigration legal services capacity in-house.
|Duties:||• Maintain and develop relationships with networks of pro/low bono legal service providers and community partners nationally.|
• Develop and implement creative outreach strategies that will connect unrepresented immigrants to immigration legal services and resources available in the community.
• Develop and maintain updated guidance and share referral information and resources with partners and affiliates within LIRS network.
• Track and summarize data related to clients in order to analyze the effectiveness of immigration legal services provided.
• Manage regular effective collaboration with LIRS partners, and other key stakeholders that are engaged in service provision to asylum seekers.
• Lead agency-wide activities and initiatives related to asylum seekers and others, including through participation and leadership in national working groups or task forces and implementation of strategic initiatives.
• Provide technical assistance and support to the LIRS networks' immigration legal service provision
• Support the Director in the strategic growth and development of a vision for LIRS's Migrant Services unit
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor's Degree (paralegal or law-related experience preferred).|
• Knowledge of national immigration legal service networks highly preferred.
• Minimum of five years' experience and knowledge of legal and political issues related to immigration.
• Experience working with migrant and refugee populations.
• Ability to establish effective relationships with colleagues and partners, local and national.
• Experience in developing and delivering training and providing technical assistance to service providers and staff.
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to details.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge in database management and other computer applications.
• Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 79-year history, a budget of $58 million per year, and approximately 90 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
To be considered, please submit resume and cover letter by COB on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-773469.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.