Administrative Assistant, Shared Services
|March 14, 2019 - March 27, 2019|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefits package is offered. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking a Administrative Assistant, Shared Services. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Administrative Assistant, Shared Services will support LIRS in delivering high-level administrative support across the organization. This position is focused on providing administrative support to the office of the President, Human Resources, Finance, and External Affairs.
|Duties:||• Manages the calendar for the President & CEO and Vice President for Human Resources, including scheduling of meetings, flagging of important priorities related to the schedule, and assisting with gathering of preparatory materials.|
• In coordination with Chief of Staff, books travel for President & CEO
• Schedules candidate interviews in coordination with VP of Human Resources and HR Generalist
• Prepares Check Requests and Expense Reports
• Preforms donor research at the direction of the VP of External Affairs
• Purchase supplies
• Assists with logistics for internal events including staff meetings and employee social events
• Files documents for Human Resources and Office of the President
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• • High School Diploma or equivalent education.|
• A minimum of three years of experience providing administrative/clerical support required.
• Proficient in web communications technology, including Skype, Go To Meeting, etc.
• Experience working in a non-profit organization preferred.
• Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic working environment.
• Experience with system process creation and project tracking and monitoring preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 79-year history, a budget of $58 million per year, and approximately 90 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
To be considered, please submit resume and cover letter by COB on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.