Program Manager for Migrant Services
|June 07, 2019 - June 21, 2019|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Migrant Services, the Program Manager for Migrant Services will manage LIRS' expanding programmatic work at the border.
|Duties:||• Lead LIRS' work on the border, including Respite and Welcome programs;|
• Provide strategic thinking, in partnership with the Assistant Director for Migrant Services, as it relates to LIRS' engagement on the border;
• Work collaboratively to respond to funding opportunities;
• Manage complex budgets;
• Implement a monitoring and evaluation system for the program, to include baseline and outcome targets;
• Develop, update and promote the use of key educational and technical assistance resources;
• Build and deepen relationships with partners, coalitions, and stakeholders;
• Maintain awareness of national trends and key legislation related to the border and to the detention of immigrants in the United States;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree in combination with at least 4 years of relevant work experience required.
• Experience managing complex and fast moving programs in a highly volatile environment.
• Experience in developing and providing training/technical assistance to service providers or staff.
• In-depth knowledge of the United States immigration system, including relationships with the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice Executive Office for Immigration Review.
• Appreciation and respect for Lutheran beliefs and values, church member motivations and sensitivities.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability and willingness to travel overnight up to 25% of time.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications.
• Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 80-year history, a budget of $58 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
To be considered, please submit resume and cover letter by COB on June 28, 2019. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.