Director for Development
|July 24, 2019 - August 28, 2019|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
LIRS seeks a dynamic Director for Development. Reporting to the Vice President for Development (VP for Development), the Director for Development will foster a culture of philanthropy within the organization, assuring that the organization's systems and procedures support fundraising, grants and overall development work. The Director for Development will support LIRS and the ongoing mission of transforming communities into those of welcome for migrants and refugees. This role will be responsible for coordinating and implementing a comprehensive and innovative development strategy; identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and funders; and growing grant opportunities for the organization, both through private and government funding bodies.
|Duties:||• In collaboration with the VP for Development, create a comprehensive and diverse strategy for development that embodies annual, major, and planned giving, as well as congregational, foundation and corporate giving, government funding; and build long-term revenue growth opportunities.|
• Provide general oversight of Annual Fund and grant activities and ensure reporting and program compliance.
• Manage a portfolio of 25-100 major donors and provide oversight to donor assignments for key staff, including the VP for Development and the CEO.
• Analyze philanthropic giving trends and make recommendations to the VP for Development and CEO
• Assist with management of the unit's annual expense and revenue budget.
• Provide leadership and oversight to staff, including defining job duties, setting performance development plans and goals.
• Engage in agency-wide activities and initiatives including all-staff meetings, working groups or task forces and implementation of strategic initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree in related field required, graduate degree preferred.
• Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
• Minimum of seven years' experience in development, with functional knowledge of all areas of fundraising, including government grants and closing 6 or 7 figure gifts.
• Minimum of 4 years prior experience managing Development staff.
• Excellent staff management skills including conflict resolution, coaching and motivation.
• Track record of success in working with high-level foundations and corporations in securing grants and sponsorships nationally.
• Applied experience in direct mail techniques for national audiences preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare documents and give presentations to different audiences.
• Knowledge of database management, Raiser's Edge and Salesforce, and tracking progress.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of varied backgrounds.
• Ability to travel up to 35%, and work some evenings and weekends.
• Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of $45 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.