Communications and Marketing Specialist
|August 01, 2019 - August 30, 2019|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Leading national immigration nonprofit, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is looking for an experienced, energetic and creative communications manager to join a talented communications team as its Communications & Marketing Specialist. The Communications & Marketing Specialist will assist in developing and implementing an editorial/content marketing strategy and write and produce various types of content to inform and motivate external and internal audiences. The person in this position will help expand our digital footprint, awareness, and subscribers. The role requires close collaboration with various teams throughout LIRS, including policy, stakeholder outreach, development, and programs. We're looking for someone who loves writing and is adept at taking complicated ideas and translating them into pithy, compelling narratives.
Responsibilities involve working closely with the President & CEO and Director for Communications and Marketing in a fast-paced environment requiring quick turnarounds on a variety of communications, such as talking points, press releases, remarks, speeches and e-mail communications to our various audiences. Must be flexible; evening and weekend hours and occasional travel required.
|Duties:||• Collaborate across departments to deliver an effective marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet marketing and communications goals and objectives.|
• Provide editorial oversight for all external-facing communications, including the website, blog, social media channels, e-newsletters, and print publications.
• In close collaboration with a range of stakeholders, develop goals, and objectives for editorial content throughout the year.
• Stay informed and aware of organizational operations and initiatives and identify compelling stories to share that will motivate action (donations, advocacy, and volunteering).
• Draft and edit content for various marketing and communications initiatives, including email, newsletters, press releases, blog, print publications, and action alerts. Serve as lead editor to ensure consistency in voice and brand.
• Grow our email subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that is aligned with their needs and interests.
• Develop and manage the process for sharing our work with internal stakeholders (employees and network partners), including through monthly e-newsletters and regular communication.
• Monitor and measure the impact of communication programs and initiatives.
• Support crisis communications in coordination with the Director of Marketing & Communications and Leadership Team.
• Special projects or other duties as assigned.
• Outstanding writing and editing skills.
• Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Marketing, or Communications or related field preferred.
• 2-3 years communications experience, focused on writing in a nonprofit or cause-based environment preferred.
• Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team; ability to cross-collaborate across the organization.
• Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail and ability/desire to multi-task.
• Experience developing creative approaches to difficult communications challenges.
• Experience with technology and its application to communications.
• Flexible and adaptable thinker, open-minded problem-solver with an ability to produce results despite changing or ambiguous circumstances, adaptive and willing to take on a variety of new assignments.
• Appreciation and respect for a faith-based organization, Lutheran beliefs and values, and sensitivities.
• Deep commitment to our core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of $45 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.