Major Gifts Officer
|September 18, 2019 - October 18, 2019|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Leading national immigration nonprofit, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is looking for an experienced Major Gifts Officer. The Major Gifts Officer will promote LIRS's mission and core values to key individual supporters and advocates across the US. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for direct solicitation of gifts and for managing a portfolio of major gift prospects as well as creating and enhancing relationships with current and prospective donors. They will create and implement a strategy to deepen relationships with major donors and prospects that fit the organization's program priorities. Through the development of appropriate cultivation strategies, the Donor Engagement Officer will move donors up the giving pyramid and utilize LIRS's Leadership team and other internal assets to maximize their cultivation efforts.
|Duties:||• Share and promote LIRS' mission and core values with key individual supporters and advocates.|
• Manage a portfolio of 125-175 major donors and prospects with a focus on engagement and deepening of relationships that ensures major gifts support funding for organizational programs and goals.
• Solicit major gifts from current and prospective donors with a long-term goal of upgrading to between $5,000 and $10,000 plus levels.
• Identify and evaluate new major donor prospects within LIRS' growing donor file.
• Develop appropriate cultivation strategies and utilize internal assets to build relationships and move donors up the giving pyramid.
• Maintain donor loyalty and enthusiasm through stewardship and activities designed to express recognition and appreciation.
• Manage, assign, and coordinate valuable donor relationships with the VP for Development and the CEO/President to maximize cultivation efforts.
• Report, on a timely basis, progress toward achieving weekly, monthly, and annual objectives.
• Write all proposals for large gifts from donors and ensure that these gifts fit within LIRS' program priorities by coordinating with Leadership, Program, and Finance teams.
• Create, plan, and execute special events jointly hosted by current donors, volunteers and leaders of LIRS.
• Work closely with the development and communication teams to ensure coordination of LIRS messaging.
• Provide additional support for LIRS' key institutional and congregational relationships, when appropriate.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration or closely related field and minimum of five years experience in fundraising and building long-term fundraising relationships or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Demonstrated, successful experience in major gift fundraising required.
• Ability to connect and inspire donors and potential donors to partner in our mission.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with aptitude to listen and ability to understand the needs and interests of donors in order to develop their relationship with LIRS.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional or volunteer organization setting, campaign-related giving initiatives and fundraising experience preferred.
• Excellent writing, editing, research and presentation skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to self-direct to achieve goals outlined in annual development plan required.
• Ability to take initiative and function independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency with donor management databases and Microsoft Office Suite software, required.
• Proven ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously with excellent time management.
• Deep commitment to LIRS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
• In-depth knowledge of the structure policies and teachings of the Lutheran church strongly desired
• Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
• Must work well autonomously and be self- directed with a keen focus on meeting goals.
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of $45 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.