Graphic Design Intern
|October 08, 2019 - February 28, 2020|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking a Graphic Design Intern who will promote just and humane treatment of refugees and migrants by assisting in the daily activities of LIRS's Communications and Program departments, headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. From humanizing children and families affected by a broken immigration system to educating the public and members of Congress about the positive contributions of refugees to our country, you will have the opportunity to gain invaluable professional experience while helping to shape the national conversation around immigrants and refugees.
This is an unpaid internship. To be eligible, students must be enrolled at an accredited college/university, be receiving funding through public interest grant funds or other similar resources. Interns are expected to work 10-20 hours per week, depending on the semester.
- Design and collaborate on content for new organization materials
- Working with the Communications department to create graphic campaigns for social media, e-mail, website and other external outreach initiatives
- Create and customize aesthetically-pleasing HTML e-mail templates
- Create engaging multimedia content such as videos, GIFs, animation, etc.
- Provide presentation design and development support for conferences, presentations, and webinars
- Design and maintain the company PowerPoint template, promotional brochures, flyers and other materials as needed
- Identify areas of improvement in organization style guide
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate or Graduate students enrolled in a program at an accredited school
- Proven experience in design and production
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to listen and collaborate
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc. including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Knowledge of HTML, CSS and animation or motion graphic design a plus.
Headquartered in Baltimore\'s beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of $45 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.