Business Analyst and Technical Writer
|November 26, 2019 - January 03, 2020|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is seeking an experienced Business Analyst and Technical Writer. Your work will help the organization use information technology to achieve LIRS's mission. The position will have two primary focuses. Perform requirements analysis, document processes, and do some user acceptance testing. Create and implement a strategy to deliver content and training support for the organizations information systems. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users. This position involves close collaboration with staff from across the organization. This is an exciting time at LIRS as the organization implements a transformational new technology strategy. This position will be instrumental to achieving success. |
|Duties:||Key Areas of Responsibility:|
- Evaluate business processes, document requirements, uncover areas for improvement, develop and implement solutions.
- Lead reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies.
- Perform user acceptance testing.
- Update, implement and maintain procedures.
- Create effective graphics, flow charts, and diagrams.
- Develop a plan to organize, create and deliver quality technical documentation.
- Create a standard design, layout, and format for documentation.
- Support training through content development and other roles as necessary.
- Interact with customers to understand their needs, solicit system requirements, improve documentation and training products.
- Support a low-volume help desk to understand and resolve user issues.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two or more years' experience as a business analyst and technical writer working with information systems customers to identify and address needs.
- Experience providing technical training desirable.
- Experience with on-line content or knowledge management systems such as Atlassian Confluence or Microsoft SharePoint is highly desirable.
- Self-starter attitude with ability to execute on deadlines.
- Results oriented and demonstrated commitment to follow-through.
- Strong interpersonal skills to help foster good cross-functional relationships.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Visio and basic graphic editing.
- Experience with software development lifecycle and methodologies.
- SQL experience is desirable.
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.