|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Baltimore-based Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service is looking for an experienced Program Assistant.Reporting to the Manager of Programs Operations, the Program Assistant will support LIRS in delivering high quality programs and services for refugees. This position is focused on providing administrative support to federally funded and privately funded programs across the Programs department.
- Assist with various programmatic communication processes and tools, including program memos, network communications, informational materials, and other communications and tools.
- Maintain up to date contact lists, and address changes in databases (Relate, IRIS and WRAPS).
- Provide support on the management and execution of all consultant contracts
- Purchase supplies for the department
- Manage monthly and periodic partner meetings.
- Organize unit meeting agendas and Skype availability (call-in)
- Torch and Connect point of contact including webinars, funding opportunities, and information for bi-weekly announcements, in collaboration with LIRS' Communications Department.
- LMS and IRIS administrative assistance including unlocking accounts and updating and adding users for the network
- Provide assistance for headquarters monitoring preparation including collecting memos, training plans, informal communications, throughout the year and filing reports
- Providing administrative support for funding proposals
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- A minimum of three years of experience providing administrative/clerical support required.
- Proficient in web communications technology, including Skype, Go To Meeting, etc.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic working environment.
- Experience with system process creation and project tracking and monitoring preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of $45 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.