Director for Information Technology
|January 23, 2020 - February 23, 2020|
|Location:||Baltimore City, MD|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is seeking a Director for Information Technology. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director for Information Technology develops and oversees agency-wide information technology plan and initiatives, including computer hardware and software infrastructure, technology platforms and applications, end-user support, and training. This position requires an understanding of all functional business areas within the organization, as well as a close alignment with LIRS program managers; project management discipline and skills, including comfort overseeing both waterfall and agile projects; vendor management; and the technical skills to resolve IT issues and identify technical solutions that capitalize on existing technology infrastructure, integrate with the LIRS technology platform, and work within existing financial and staffing resources. In addition, as a director and leader of LIRS, this position is required to actively participate in agency-wide strategic decisions, contributing to the analysis of opportunities and influencing the outcome of decisions regarding priorities, the work to which LIRS commits itself, and the way in which that work is addressed.
|Duties:||• Oversees day-to-day Information Technology operations, ensuring that systems are functioning as planned. |
• Manages IT initiatives and projects in concordance with the IT Roadmap, using waterfall and agile methodologies as appropriate.
• Responds proactively when issues arise, communicating promptly and clearly with staff that are impacted and strategically resolving problems.
• Directly supervises the work of applications support and implementation staff, guiding employee work priorities and performance, coaching and training, serving as a link and a point of escalation, and resolving employee issues.
• Oversees agency-wide appropriate vendor selection and follow-through for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for technology services. Oversees the relationship with and performance of IT vendors, serving as a point of escalation for issues, and taking corrective action as required for data, voice, and peripherals.
• Participates in or manages the analysis, selection, and purchase of IT hardware and software as appropriate.
• Represents LIRS on technology-related matters to LIRS partner organizations.
• Provides technical expertise to collaborate with the Chief Information Officer in formulating technology strategies and developing and recommending the long-term technology direction for the agency. Presents compelling case statements that fully articulate the costs and benefits of information technology usage, in both financial and non-financial terms.
• Utilizes strategic thinking and innovation to when identifying new hardware and software solutions to support IT stability, scalability and growth; in support of department and agency goals.
• Establishes and implements information technology procedures and policies.
• Undergraduate degree in Business or Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, and experience.
• At least six to eight years of experience in implementing technologies and supporting users in a professional environment, demonstrating progressive responsibility.
• At least four to six years of experience managing technology projects. A solid understanding of both waterfall and agile methodologies is required.
• Experience working with staff to understand business needs and to design technology solutions that meet those needs.
• Understanding of and experience with a nonprofit environment preferred; demonstrated ability to support a large and complex national organization.
• Strong working understanding of both digital and traditional information management systems, and an ability to work closely with technical colleagues, consultants, and vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to grasp essential knowledge categories for the business of the organization,
• Excellent information management skills, including strong skills with spreadsheets, relational databases, and presentation software (including Microsoft Office Suite).
• Ability to organize complex data and a high volume of documented information. Ability to plan for the shift to future shared technology platforms.
• Excellent problem-solving skills; proactive innovator; creative in finding ways to appropriately balance rigor and limited resources; creative in selecting and using evaluation indicators that convey a strong story.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
• Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
• Commitment to LIRS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of $45 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.