Director for Child and Family Services
|January 31, 2020 - March 31, 2020|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
The Director for Children and Family Services will work under the direction of the Vice President for Programs to provide strategic leadership to Children and Family Services within the Programs department.
- Contributes to the mission of Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service by providing day-to-day oversight and direction to Children and Family Services.
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Programs and other program directors establishes and carries out the strategic direction for the department.
- Hires, trains, and develops staff to fulfill the functions of the department including evaluation, training, technical assistance, program management, and coordination.
- Holds staff accountable for delivering quality work on time. Mentors and manages performance as necessary.
- Secures and maintains funding for the department by assisting with identification of funding sources, writing grants, and reporting.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in Children and Family Services and represents the department internally and externally.
- Creates and manages budget for the department.
- Acts as role model and exhibits a high level of leadership, fosters transparency and is fair in all dealings with staff.
- Undergraduate degree in social work, social sciences, non-profit management or other relevant degree required. Graduate degree in social work or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of work experience in the field of Children and Family Services with at least six years progressively responsible experience managing multiple programs, staff, and project and budget administration.
- Experience in directing complex government grants, contracts or cooperative agreements including responsibility for compliance and reporting.
- Has in depth knowledge of government funding. Demonstrated ability to secure private institutional funding highly desirable.
- Must be able to travel within the United States up to 25% of the time.
- Alignment with and support of LIRS's core values.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.