Vice President for Development
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
LIRS seeks a dynamic Vice President for Development to provide strategic direction to our Development department including building and managing donor relationships, direct appeals, online giving, planned gifts, and grants.
The position demands a highly accomplished individual who has the skills and confidence to manage a strong professional staff, and the ability to engage effectively externally with a wide variety of stakeholders, as a public and private advocate, a speaker, and a relationship builder. The successful candidate will be an experienced, driven, creative, goal and team-oriented leader with a commitment to the LIRS mission.
- Assess community capacity for giving, develop and execute an annual fundraising plan, budget, and calendar building major gifts and annual fund to at least $6 million.
- Plan, implement and develop a portfolio of donors. Build and maintain relationships. Partners with and advises the CEO, senior management and the Board on fundraising initiatives.
- Create strategies for new sources of funding and creative methods of fundraising that will result in short and long term growth of the development program.
- Assess grant management and grants procurement activities. Build and cultivate relationships with grantors. Partner with Programs staff to write and submit funding proposals.
- Direct and oversee direct mail appeals working cooperatively with the communications team on the messaging concept, production calendar, and electronic giving corollaries.
- Work closely with the other departments to coordinate supporter lists and to create an integrated calendar of points-of-contact.
- Via the development team, ensure the maintenance, integrity, and accuracy of the development database.
- Energize Board members and engage Board committee to support Development efforts.
- Provide overall management to entire Development and Outreach team
- Direct and oversee the planning and implementation of cultivation, fundraising, and stewardship events.
- Direct and oversee the planning and implementation of planned giving materials, appeals, and solicitations.
- Regularly and systematically review all components of the development program to ensure quality and satisfaction of donors. Proactively seek, compile and report on feedback from constituents, both internal and external.
- Ensure the conscious integration of development activities into other LIRS activities.
- Participate as part of the leadership team in setting the strategic direction for the organization.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Master's degree preferred. At least 10 years of fundraising experience with increased responsibility. At least 5 years in a senior leadership position with demonstrated success in development.
- A successful track record of garnering private resources. Knowledge and experience with cause-related fundraising; philanthropic grant-making; major donors; board fundraising; and federal government, private sector, and other funding sources.
- Excellent cultural competency and a track record of helping organizations to effectively leverage diversity. Lutheran background is very helpful but is not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral to include public speaking and presenting to all levels of constituents; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships; and willingness to listen carefully.
- A high-degree of initiative; flexibility, teamwork, attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude. Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Deep commitment to LIRS's core values and the ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
- Excels at working in a demanding, fast paced environment
- High level of comfort with technology, relevant software and working with data.
- Strong management skills and ability to have a "hands on" approach
- Understanding of issues related to immigration preferred but not required.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.