Assistant Director for Foster Care
|March 31, 2020 - May 30, 2020|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
LIRS seeks a dynamic Assistant Director for Foster Care. Reporting to the Director for Children and Family Services, the Assistant Director for Foster Care provides strong programmatic management and leadership to a team responsible for the overall implementation, oversight and quality of the Long Term, Transitional and URM Foster Care programs established within the LIRS Children's Services partner network. S/he closely collaborates with the Director for Children and Family Services to ensure the maintenance and expansion of effective programs and services by working closely with internal units and identifying new external partnerships.
|Duties:||Key Areas of Responsibility:|
- Lead staff in meeting the objectives of our federal obligations and LIRS standards, in accordance with external and internal agreements, in a manner that respects and encourages their individual gifts and skills and educates them regarding the tasks and skills required to meet objectives.
- Oversee the foster parent recruitment and retention efforts of the local partner network to ensure available capacity that meets the unique needs of the children.
- Ensure that excellent technical support and training are provided to the local partner network.
- Develop consistent, effective, and efficient practices regarding program service delivery and support to the partners who are implementing programs.
- Ensure work plan development, adherence to internal operating policy and procedures, and compliance with federal obligations
- Meet with federal partners, program partners and other coalition allies in person or via conference calls to discuss long-term, transitional and URM foster care programmatic issues.
- Significantly contribute to and manage numerous funding reports and proposal submissions; review and edit quarterly, annual and monitoring reports for program services.
- Oversee and manage expenditures related to service delivery of transitional, long-term and URM foster care activities; analyze and assist in preparing annual budgets.
- Participate in agency-wide activities and initiatives including all-staff meetings, working groups or task forces and implementation of strategic initiatives.
|Qualifications:||Qualifications and Requirements:|
- Graduate degree in Social Work or other Behavioral Science.
- Combined five years of experience and knowledge of child welfare systems, principles, practices and emerging trends.
- Five years progressive managerial experience with increasing roles and responsibilities in supervision, program management, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience in program development, administration and budget oversight.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Deep commitment to LIRS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.