Outreach Programs Intern (Fall)
|May 01, 2020 - September 01, 2020|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking an Outreach Programs Intern who will assist the Outreach team in expanding its capacity to implement our Fall and Winter programs. Reporting to the Program Manager for Outreach, this position will provide essential support to the adaptation and implementation of the Hope for the Holidays program, which engages communities across the country in supporting migrants impacted by the US Immigration Detention system.
Located in LIRS's Baltimore office, this is a part-time (15-20) hours per week) opportunity for a duration of 3 months expected state date of September 2020.
This is an unpaid internship. To be eligible, students must be enrolled at an accredited college/university and the school must sign an agreement with LIRS.
- Work with internal LIRS staff to craft a thoughtful and engaging webinar to launch the Hope for the Holidays program.
- Research and manage key data on programmatic needs from the affiliate network.
- Track program activity and participation data throughout the course of the program.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners on a local Outreach event for Giving Tuesday.
- Manage the card and gift-purchasing logistics.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of basic program management.
- Ability to quickly master substantive subject matter and work dependently and under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to tailor persuasive messages to different audiences including policymakers, constituents and colleagues.
- Ability to maintain and nurture professional relationships with affiliate network staff and Lutheran partners.
- Experience in event planning.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of $45 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.