Program Manager for Foster Care
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
The Program Manager for Foster Care will provide oversight and coordination of a continuum of Foster Care programs to ensure holistic, culturally competent services for unaccompanied refugee and migrant children and their families. This position acts as a liaison between LIRS partner organizations, LIRS, and federal foster care stakeholders. This position ensures the effectiveness and quality of services through supportive program management, monitoring, data management, trend analysis and evaluation, training and technical assistance. This position involves close collaboration with Assistant Director for Foster Care to identify trends, opportunities to enhance program services, training needs and implement recommendations for effective quality service delivery of URM programs. This position will provide back up and support to the Assistant Director for Foster Care, fellow Program Manager for Foster Care, and the Placement Coordinator.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide oversight and administration of Foster Care grants to network partner agencies including program management, and compliance with the LIRS cooperative agreement and ORR policies and procedures.
- Lead collaboration efforts with Foster Care partners engaged in service provision to unaccompanied refugee children. Responsible for network coordination, communication and peer learning throughout the network.
- Provide support and technical assistance to partners related to issues of service delivery, documentation, reporting, LIRS best practices, as well as Federal obligations.
- Provide ongoing desk and onsite monitoring to Foster Care Partners to assess program functioning and compliance with State/ORR/LIRS standards, as well as to identify trends, service gaps, and evaluate service models.
- Identify training needs and program challenges, for the development of materials, resources and tools to enhance the delivery of program services in accordance with LIRS Best Practices, and LIRS/ORR Policies and Procedures implementation.
- Assist with the writing of various governmental reports (quarterly, annual and monitoring visit reports).
- In collaboration with Assistant Director for Foster Care, oversee network capacity and development, including recruitment, retention of foster care parents throughout our network. Provide support for regular referral coordination throughout our network.
- Coordinate regular effective collaboration with LIRS URM partners, ORR, Voluntary Agencies, and other key stakeholders who are engaged in service provision to unaccompanied migrant and refugee children on various tasks.
- Assist the Assistant Director for Foster Care by ensuring coordination, collaboration and information sharing on major developments, trends, activities and initiatives are communicated effectively and efficiently.
- Represent LIRS Children's Services at assigned external meetings, trainings or groups.
- Engagement in agency-wide activities and initiatives including all-staff meetings, working groups or task forces and implementation of strategic initiatives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master's degree and at least one year of experience working directly with URM programs or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing URM referrals, understanding of the URM network, and knowledge of programs, principles, practices and emerging trends for URM.
- Minimum of one year of managerial experience with increasing roles and responsibilities in supervision, program management, implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and independently to establish priorities and exercise sound judgment in response to systems that are highly complex, sensitive, and confidential.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage collaborative partnerships across various systems.
- Demonstrated experience in providing training and technical assistance to internal staff and external partners.
- Experience and knowledge of legal and political issues related to immigration and child welfare.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with all levels of various systems.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a cross - cultural or diverse workforce.
- Multilingual strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to drive unrestricted are required
- Able and willing to travel 25% of annual time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Deep commitment to LIRS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.