Financial Manager for Children and Family Services
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Foster Care, the Financial Manager for Children and Family Services will provide efficient and effective grant management support to LIRS's residential and fingerprinting programs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee budget development for new programs within CFS and update budgets for existing programs.
- Ensure that financial reports are prepared according to LIRS and ORR requirements.
- Oversee sub-recipient budget development and work with partners to ensure compliance with ORR and LIRS requirements.
- Ensure projects are properly budgeted for and reported on, that funds are called forward and transferred in timely fashion.
- Review monthly invoices for subrecipients for compliance.
- Ensure that contractual requirements for subrecipients are met.
- Liaise with Project Officers at ORR and other government funders during budget negotiations
- Perform monitoring of grant contracts and ensuring full compliance with grant requirements.
- Lead in the development of budgets, contract negotiations, review of contracts and contract reporting/analysis.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Financial and/or project management qualification is an advantage (or equivalent through experience gained in a similar role).
- 5 year of experience in nonprofit governance, administration, and grants management and compliance required
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Excel required
- Experience using ETO preferred
- Experience in program development, administration and budget oversight.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deep commitment to LIRS' core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.