Program Assistant for Children and Family Services
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
The Program Assistant for Children and Family Services will support LIRS in delivering high quality programs and services for unaccompanied children and refugee minors. This position is focused on providing data entry and administrative support to federally funded and privately funded programs across the Programs department.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide support to Program Managers and Assistant Director in oversight of program quality and quality assessment tools.
- Provide data entry including creating and auditing electronic case files.
- Uploading referral documents into the LIRS database and tracking compliance of programmatic outcomes.
- Assist with various programmatic communication processes and tools, including program memos, network communications, informational materials, and other communications and tools.
- Maintain up to date contact lists, and address changes in databases
- Manage monthly and periodic partner meetings.
- Manage networkwide training schedule and track participant experience
- Provide assistance for headquarters monitoring preparation including collecting memos, training plans, informal communications, throughout the year and filing reports
- Providing administrative support for funding proposals
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- A minimum of three years of experience providing administrative/data entry support required.
- Proficient in web communications technology, including Teams, Go To Meeting, etc.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic working environment.
- Experience with system process creation and project tracking and monitoring preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel to sites and attend relevant conferences up to 10%.
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.