Program Manager for Clinical Oversight
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Foster Care, the Program Manager for Clinical Oversight is responsible for the programmatic and operational management of clinical services for LIRS and provides vision and leadership to ensure quality service provision and coordination of services to UAC. This role closely collaborates with the Assistant Director and Director for Children's Services to ensure the successful expansion of high-quality clinical services at LIRS and partner agencies.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provides clinical leadership to ensure all treatment and clinical activities are consistent across LIRS programs.
- Oversight of lead clinicians at program sites to ensure all to ensure that specific clinical programs, activities, and staff are consistent with their adherence to LIRS's and ORR's mission and vision, regulations, structure, policies and procedures.
- Staffs difficult cases with program staff and federal field specialists
- Remains knowledgeable of complex mental health/trauma, medical, safety, and juvenile justice issues that impact children who are referred for foster care.
- Ensures program compliance with contractual and reporting requirements
- Provides on-going case and programmatic consultation to LIRS's residential programs, federal staff, and other stakeholders (i.e. child advocates, attorneys, etc.)
- Identifies areas of need and creates and delivers training and technical assistance
- Develops new program proposals in coordination with direct foster care providers and States.
- Assists with launch of new programs, ensuring quality staff and foster parent training and preparation of community partners that will work with the population (i.e. schools, medical/mental health care providers).
- Reviews and monitors data quality and assurance for clinical services
- Completes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Monitors case files for compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Remains knowledgeable of all federal government and LIRS/CFS guidelines, policies and procedures related to Foster Care.
- Researches and writes papers or other educational documents regarding case, programmatic and systemic trends and issues.
- Participates in presentation efforts designed to advocate responsive policies and programs on behalf of minors of concern.
- Fosters peer-to-peer learning in network through conference calls, newsletters, facilitation of conferences.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate degree in Social Work or other Behavioral Science in combination with a minimum five years of clinical experience and knowledge of child welfare systems, principles, practices and emerging trends.
- Minimum of 3 years' administrative supervisory experience
- Experience working with diverse client populations, particularly immigrants and refugees
- Experience using ETO preferred
- Experience in program development, administration and budget oversight.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deep commitment to LIRS' core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Special Position RequirementsLCSW-C required
- Must be a board certified supervisor in MD
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check as well as a CA/N check for every state in which they have resided in the last five years.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.