Coordinator for Development and Outreach
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
Reporting to the Vice President for Development, the Coordinator for Development and Outreach will support LIRS in delivering administrative support for Development and Outreach as well as coordinating efforts to help the Development Team work in an efficient and successful way.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages calendar including scheduling of meetings, flagging of important priorities related to the schedule, and assisting with gathering of preparatory materials.
- Prepares Check Requests and Expense Reports for department head.
- Schedule calls and meetings for department head.
- Assist in donor stewardship by making thank-you calls and sending thank-you letters.
- Engage with congregations, foundations and other partners in cultivating relationships towards sustainable funding.
- Provide management of team meetings, schedules, projects and initiatives.
- Serve as point-person for all external development inquiries.
- Help create meeting agendas and manage development team schedule.
- Assists with logistics for internal events.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Undergraduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of twp years of prior administrative support.
- Demonstrated willingness to explore and learn new technology (hardware and software) to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in proofing communications.
- Proven ability to exercise utmost tact and diplomacy when dealing with confidential issues and ability to discern confidential issues.
- Proficient in web communications technology, including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic working environment.
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.