Director for Prospect Development and Research
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
Reporting to the Vice President, the Director for Prospect Development and Research will be responsible for directing prospect identification, management, strategy and major gift donor engagement in support of the fundraising priorities of Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service. Key responsibilities include leading the prospect research efforts, building major donor pipelines, data analysis as well as advancing prospects through portfolio management systems, policies and best practices.
This preferred location for this position is at the Baltimore, MD headquarters but remote work may be considered.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee a comprehensive major gift moves management program partnering with key leadership and development staff to build prospect pools and pipelines, cultivate meaningful relationships and create individualized gift plans resulting in successful solicitations.
- Build and implement prospect research, segmenting and donor analytic strategies in order to engage and fundraise with multiple constituencies with a focus on individual major gift donors, prospects and volunteer leadership.
- Create prospect lists, gift tables and pyramids in support of various fundraising campaigns, activities and events.
- Working closely with the donor services and prospect research staff, evaluate and enhance prospect management and research policies to guide data entry to ensure the donor database effectively captures key fundraising performance indicators as well as important prospect information.
- Evaluate and prepare data analysis reports for leadership to provide direction on philanthropic engagement strategies with the goal of identifying opportunities for funding growth and retention of existing donors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors' Degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration or closely related field
- Minimum of eight years of work experience in the field of development with at least six years progressively responsible experience managing development staff including experience directing prospect identification, management, strategy, and major gift donor engagement.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with donor management databases and Microsoft Office Suite software, required.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, writing, editing, research and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills with aptitude to listen and ability to understand the needs and interests of donors in order to develop their relationship with LIRS.
- Ability to self-direct to achieve goals outlined in annual development plan required.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously with excellent time management.
- Membership in the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) a plus
- Deep commitment to LIRS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.