|Location:||Baltimore / Remote, MD|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
Reporting to the Director for Outreach, the Network Organizer's role is to oversee the development, growth, and retention of the leaders that will form the constituent network of supporters of LIRS' mission throughout the US. Responsible for building a network of LIRS supporters throughout the US (congregations, schools, seminaries, universities) through a national grassroots mobilization strategy. This network will support LIRS' campaign activities - bolstering impact, advocacy and fundraising goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serve as the Outreach team's primary point of contact regarding communication with external constituencies. This includes responding to emails, web submissions, requests, recording information about needs, and field research.
- Create and implement communications plans for constituent engagement. Included in the development of audience specific marketing tools to advertise new and expanded initiatives.
- Design and manage Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) for the constituent network. Leads evaluation of constituent network methodology and impact on LIRS goals and strategic plan. Continually identify innovative practices and solutions as it relates to network growth and constituent participation.
- Implement and assess the training and leadership development of the "network leaders" and LIRS Ambassadors across all network segments to support leaders and members in their activities. Develop and produce introductory series including but not limited to new constituent network interest series, volunteer interest, and mobilization strategies for constituents based on audience.
- Document the external interactions and relationships that drive impact utilizing a Salesforce CRM tool as the primary vehicle. Provide vision for Outreach's use of a variety of technological platforms. Manage a simple, customizable metric dashboard to inform a variety of internal stakeholders a specific constituent's interactions with LIRS, the status of their engagements, and any outstanding issues.
- Establish and gather diverse 10 to 12-person National Network Advisory Board from external stakeholders intentionally including representatives of the refugee and migrant community, plan regular meetings and communication, and integrate feedback. Utilize advisory board to test campaign issue focus, training ideas, and interest.
- Build cohesion within constituent network across the country including regular national and regional calls.
- Coordinate national and regional conference representation including planning interactive engagement opportunities, coordinating representation, implementation, data collection and attendance.
- Create and update electronic constituent network information in collaboration with campaign and programming offerings. Delineate constituent network initiation protocol.
- Collaborate with Program Integration, Mar/Com, Advocacy, and Development to create clear engagement pathways.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in communications, program management, community outreach, public relations, fundraising or organizing.
- Experience writing and providing both in person and online training programs.
- Ability to maintain productive working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, to include congregational leaders, advocates, volunteers, donors.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; copywriting and content creation skills.
- Computer literacy including Outlook, Zoom, and Salesforce (or similar CRM required).
- Proven strength in program management with an emphasis on metrics and evaluation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong presentation skills -- both in developing and giving professional presentations.
- In depth knowledge of the structure, policies, and teachings of the Lutheran church strongly desired.
- Deep commitment to LIRS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.