Program Manager for Family Reunification
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Family Reunification, the Program Manager for Family Reunification will conduct oversight and coordination of the Home Study and Post Release Services Program or Safe Release Support Services Program (as assigned) to ensure holistic, culturally competent services for unaccompanied children and their families. The Program Manager will ensure the effectiveness and quality of services through supportive program management, data management, trend analysis, training, and technical assistance.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide support and technical assistance to partners related to issues of service delivery, documentation, reporting, LIRS, and Child Welfare best practices, as well as Federal obligations.
- Provide ongoing desk and site monitoring of service partners to assess program functioning and compliance with ORR/LIRS standards, identify trends and service gaps, and evaluate service models.
- Identify training needs and program challenges for the development of materials, resources, and tools to enhance the delivery of program services in accordance with recognized child welfare standards, LIRS best practices, and LIRS/ORR policies and procedures implementation.
- Create and facilitate online and in person trainings using interactive video conferencing and presentations to inform field and HQ staff of the most recent standards and policies and procedures regarding digital fingerprinting and packet assistance.
- Contribute to writing substantial portions of various governmental reports (quarterly, annual and monitoring visit reports).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work or other behavioral science. Master's degree in Social Work strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' progressive experience in program management serving children and families required; experience and knowledge of child welfare systems, principles, practices, and emerging trends.
- Experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and independently, establish priorities and exercise sound judgment in response to systems that are highly complex, sensitive, and confidential.
- Experience developing and managing collaborative partnerships across various systems.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, administration and management.
- Demonstrated experience in providing training and technical assistance to internal staff and external partners.
- Knowledge of legal and political issues related to immigration and child welfare.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Special Position Requirements
- Licensed or license eligible strongly preferred
- Spanish language ability strongly preferred
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check as well as a CA/N check for every state in which they have resided in the last five years.
- Up to 25% travel Required
- Valid driver's license required
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.