Training and Technical Assistance Specialist for Foster Care
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
This position is located in Sarasota, Florida.
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Foster Care, the Training and Technical Assistance Specialist oversees on-going system of trainings, internal processes and techniques to ensure integrity of all clinical services and documentation for the LSF residential program.
- Create and facilitate online and in person trainings using interactive video conferencing and presentations to train of the most recent standards and policies and procedures regarding residential care for UC as well as child welfare best practices
- Coordinate service delivery and best practices in serving vulnerable unaccompanied migrant children through LSF residential programs.
- Provide training on all aspects of ORR Residential Services as well as the Family Reunification process as required to support LSF successfully launching residential services for unaccompanied children.
- Responsible for a tailored learning plan for LSF staff to ensure ongoing compliance with all ORR training requirements
- Remains knowledgeable of complex mental health/trauma, medical, safety, and juvenile justice issues that impact children who are referred for care.
- Oversees on-going system of processes and techniques to ensure integrity of all clinical services and documentation for the LSF residential program.
- Ensures that all clinical activities meet definition and minimum requirements and are guided by best practice tenets.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related Behavioral Health Science is required, master's preferred
- Minimum of five years' experience in child welfare required.
- Experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management and compliance.
- Excellent writing skills required
- Deep commitment to LIRS' core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Special Position Requirements
- Licensed or license eligible strongly preferred
- Spanish language ability strongly preferred
- Up to 25% travel Required
- Valid driver's license required
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check as well as a CA/N check for every state in which they have resided in the last five years.
Preference will be given to local candidates.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff.
Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.