Quality Assurance Specialist for Foster Care
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
This position is located in Sarasota, Florida.
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Foster Care, the Quality Assurance Specialist ensures coordinated service delivery and best practices in serving vulnerable unaccompanied migrant children through LSF residential programs.
- Coordinate and conduct pre-services training for all Shelter and TFC field staff
- Provide analysis, post-award services, and oversight to LSF residential programs to ensure compliance with grant specific requirements
- Serve as a resource for staff of LSF residential program for programmatic compliance matters. Conduct routine compliance reviews of programmatic documentation.
- Provide guidance to LSF residential staff regarding the interpretation and execution of applicable ORR regulations.
- Conduct desk and site monitoring for the LSF Shelter program including reviewing case physical files and personnel files, conducting individual interviews with program staff, accompanying case managers on medical and other off site services to ensure compliance, and inspecting residential programs for compliance with all ORR policies and procedures
- Manage the implementation and on-going compliance in preventing, detecting and responding to sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
- Evaluating the data collected during monitoring and writing reports to detail the outcomes of the monitoring visits.
- Support the compilation of LSF residential program quarterly statistical reports to submit to ORR.
- Supports LSF residential program compliance with contractual and reporting requirements
- Master's degree in the behavioral sciences, human services, or social service field
- Minimum of 5 years' progressive experience in program management serving children and families required
- 3 years progressive experiences in federal grant management including monitoring in federal grant management including residential program monitoring.
- Excellent writing skills required
- Deep commitment to LIRS' core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Special Position Requirements
- Licensed or license eligible strongly preferred
- Spanish language ability strongly preferred
- Up to 25% travel Required
- Valid drivers license required
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check as well as a CA/N check for every state in which they have resided in the last five years.
Preference will be given to local candidates.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff.
Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.