Events Coordinator Intern
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Part Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking an Events Coordinator Intern. Working under the direction of the Senior Philanthropic Advisor (SPA), the Assistant Event Coordinator Intern will assist in planning, coordinating, developing marketing and tracking attendees and registered friends and supporters for URS virtual events across the US. Position will work no more than 15 hours per week.
Located in LIRS's Baltimore office, this is a part-time (10-15) hours per week) opportunity for a duration of 3 months with an expected state date of January 2021.
This is an unpaid internship. To be eligible, students must be enrolled at an accredited college/university OR be receiving funding through public interest grant funds or other similar resource. This internship is offered in the Fall. Interns are expected to work 14-40 hours per week, depending on the semester. Interns are responsible for arranging their own housing and for covering related expenses during the duration of the program.
- Coordinating each regional committee contacts' information and scheduling meetings at direction of SPA
- Draft the initial invitations, both digital and print for accessing the event module in RE 7 NXT database
- Assist in the promotion and marketing of all possible attendees and networks
- Follow-up with URS development staff for tracking individual attendees for assessment of prospects
- Assist in proper acknowledgement and coordination for follow-up for co-hosts, committees and special guests
- High school diploma required; Current college or recent graduate in a related field of study preferred
- Social Media and Communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Special Position Requirements
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is preferred but not required
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of $45 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.