Outreach External Engagement Intern
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Part Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking an Outreach External Engagement Intern who will assist the Outreach team in expanding its capacity to implement our network mobilization programs. Reporting to the Network Organizer, this position will provide essential support to the adaptation and implementation of the LIRS Ambassador program and marketing tools. These resources engage individuals across the country in supporting migrants and refugees.
Headquartered at LIRS's Baltimore office, this is a part-time (15-20) hours per week) opportunity for a duration of 3 months expected state date of February 2021.
This is an unpaid internship. To be eligible, students must be enrolled at an accredited college/university OR be receiving funding through public interest grant funds or other similar resource. This internship is offered for the Spring of 2021. Interns are expected to work 15-20 hours per week, depending on the semester. Interns are responsible for arranging their own housing and for covering related expenses during the duration of the program.
- Work with internal URS staff to craft a thoughtful and engaging webinar to launch the Ambassador program.
- Assist in crafting event planning process and prepare for key national representation.
- Research and manage key strategies on national organization and communication.
- Track community engagement and contribute to monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Coordinate marketing and resource creation around engaging individuals and congregations in the Outreach work of LIRS
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners.
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in a related field (communications, marketing, campaign management, business administration).
- Knowledge of basic program management.
- Ability to quickly master substantive subject matter and work dependently and under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to tailor persuasive messages to different audiences including policymakers, constituents and colleagues.
- Ability to maintain and nurture professional relationships with affiliate network staff and Lutheran partners.
- Experience in event planning.
Headquartered in Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of $45 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.