Sr. Human Resources Generalist
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Vice President for Human Resources the Sr. Human Resources Generalist is responsible for high-level generalist duties including employee relations, compliance, compensation, recruitment, benefits, and policy development and implementation.
- Contributes to the mission of Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service by focusing on acquiring the best candidates for employment from traditional and unexpected sources, and working with hiring managers to coordinate and facilitate all functions related to recruitment, hiring, onboarding and off-boarding for select positions.
- Works with LIRS managers and directors in the creation of job descriptions. Evaluates job descriptions for appropriate placement within the LIRS compensation structure. Evaluates positions for FLSA classification and consults with VP for Human Resources on determinations as appropriate.
- Administers and ensures compliance with LIRS compensation structure and policies.
- Perform regular analysis of benefit utilization and recommend changes to benefit plans to reflect the needs of employees.
- Administer the 403(b) plan and 457(b) plan.
- Conducts training for managers and employees.
- Provides guidance to staff on a variety of HR questions and issues and recommends and implements solutions as appropriate.
- Supports the VP for Human Resources with employee relations issues by providing guidance on policy and procedures and escalating issues for appropriate attention and resolution.
- Produces monthly and quarterly metrics such as turnover data, time to hire and data supporting LIRS' diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- Writes policies and updates the employee manual.
- Other human resources functions as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Psychology or related field and 8-10 years of progressive human resources experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Senior HR certification, such as SPHR strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws for multi-state employers.
- Knowledge and experience with benefits, compensation, recruitment and employee relations.
- Excellent analytic, oral and written communication skills, as well as the capacity to handle confidential information with discretion and sensitivity.
- Focus on employee engagement and providing excellent customer service to staff, applicants and the public.
- A deep appreciation and understanding of how a diverse workforce contributes to the vitality and strength of an organization, and how HR can contribute to creating and sustaining a diverse workforce.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, consultants and applicants.
- Proven ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously and professionally.
- Exceptional time management and quality control skills that ensure accurate and timely delivery of work products.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, Power Point and experience using an HRIS and ATS.
- Attention to detail and follow-through required.
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.