Marketing Multimedia Specialist
|Location:||Remote, All States|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
This position may be located remotely but preference will be given to qualified local candidates.
The Multimedia Specialist will be responsible for designing, producing, and/or executing projects for Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services\' (LIRS) internal and external marketing and communications needs. The Specialist will create marketing collateral, including videos, for social media and program-related projects, events, advertisements, and initiatives across the organization - aiming to heighten LIRS\'s brand and credibility as a thought/service leader in the immigration and refugee non-profit space. They will serve as a key member of the Communications team to advance the mission of LIRS through digital storytelling and effective design. The Multimedia Specialist will also be responsible for facilitating relationships with third-party vendors, ensuring timely deliverables, maintaining a positive flow of inventory, conducting periodic collateral audits, and identifying opportunities for new materials and content.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Plan, film, and/or edit videos to vividly express LIRS\'s mission and work from concept to execution
- Create and edit videos, graphics, and other content for LIRS events in coordination with other departments
- Work with the Content & Digital Specialist to run video ads, promotions, and campaigns; analyze video performance and engagement on social media
- Design graphics and marketing collateral that effectively portray LIRS\'s desired messages. Adapt desired messaging to a variety of graphic design projects; create the actual project design and layout
- Collaborate with Communications colleagues to determine projects; advise design and content strategies to reach current and prospective audiences; evaluate priority of requests, projects, and activities to ensure best return of investment of time and resources
- Create, organize, and manage the essential elements of Communications-related deliverables, including photos, typography, and graphic and design elements
- Collaborate and liaise with vendors, when needed, to gather spec information and pricing, and calibrate vendor production schedules with LIRS\'s project timelines
- Develop and maintain project management processes/tools to track project information
- Provide photography services as needed for key LIRS events, staff and board headshots, and other photography to advance the LIRS mission
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in graphic design, marketing, communications, advertising, or related field in combination with a minimum three to four years of corporate and/or non-profit experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (and Premiere/CC applications), Photoshop, Microsoft Office
- Extensive videography, video production, and editing skills; familiarity with video campaigns, particularly for non-profits; experience in photography preferred
- Experience coordinating virtual events or digital components of events preferred
- Fluency in design trends; artistic flair and eye for design
- Strong writing and messaging skills
- Management experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with internal and external stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail; takes pride in quality of work
- Outstanding organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to be adaptable and maintain effectiveness in a fast-moving, changing, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to negotiate pricing and cultivate vendor relationships with a high degree of integrity
- Competency in cross-cultural communications
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce
- Commitment to LIRS\'s core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.