HS/PRS Case Manager
|Location:||Alexandria, Winchester, VA|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Three postions are available in Virginia. Candidates in the NoVA and Winchester areas are preferred.
Reporting to the Regional Supervisor, the HS/PRS Case Manager will provide case management and supportive services to unaccompanied immigrant children released from federal custody.
- Conduct home visits and phone contacts with the dual purpose of assessing safety and appropriateness of child\\\'s placement with their caregiver (sponsor) and connecting child to services in the community to address risk factors.
- Ongoing case management with a focus on screening and making appropriate referrals to address child\\\'s needs in the following domains: Placement issues, safety issues, education, health, mental health, legal/immigration proceedings, substance abuse, independent living, criminal/juvenile justice, child enrichment activities.
- Provide crisis intervention services directly, as needed, or connect family to services to ensure minor\\\'s safety and well-being in a crisis situation.
- Submit detailed and thorough documentation in compliance with LIRS policies and procedures.
- Utilize social work best practices for thorough assessments of child\\\'s progress and services provided.
- Maintain regular and timely communication with supervisor around any issues concerning the child\\\'s safety, stability, or well-being in the placement.
- Participate in ongoing supervision
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor\\\'s degree in Social Work, or other relevant degree or equivalent experience;
- License or license eligible
- At least 1 year of experience with child welfare programs
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to connect families to community services
- Excellent clinical and crisis intervention skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical assessment and analysis skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Knowledge of and experience working with refugee or immigrant children preferred
- Cross-cultural or international experience preferred
Special Position Requirements
- Fluency in Spanish required
- Valid driver\\\'s license required
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check as well as a CA/N check for every state in which they have resided in the last five years.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff.
Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates.