Program Manager for Economic Empowerment
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
With expertise in refugee employment and economic empowerment, the Program Manager for Economic Empowerment - Switchboard will manage all aspects of the LIRS portion of the Office of Refugee Resettlement funded Technical Assistance provider Switchboard, the one-stop resource hub for refugee service providers in the United States. Switchboard is implemented by the International Rescue Committee (IRC). IRC has partnered with Lutheran Immigrant Refugee Service (LIRS) to provide employment-related training and technical assistance. The Program Officer will be responsible for achieving all work plan deliverables, including: creation of written content, implementation of trainings, conception and creation of resources and tools, and the management of consultants with specialized expertise.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates. We offer flexible work hours, excellent benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, professional development funds, and a 403(b) with organizational match.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and analyze promising practices in the field of refugee employment and economic empowerment that are evidence based.
- Design virtual learning opportunities related to economic empowerment, including webinar trainings, e-learning courses, communities of practice, etc.
- Create written materials for Switchboard, including reports, website content, newsletter content, presentation materials and blog posts.
- Identify, manage and coordinate with consultants for content creation.
- Lead the dissemination of economic empowerment focused research findings.
- Respond to technical assistance requests for information from national, state and local partners.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with policy, research and workforce development organizations on the national and state levels as well as local partners.
- Represent Switchboard outside of the organization at meetings, trainings and at speaking engagements.
- Compile and manage data to track deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with Switchboard partners at the IRC.
- Manage one Program Specialist.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required in public policy, economics, social sciences or related field.
- Minimum of five years' experience in refugee-focused economic empowerment work, prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in assisting ORR-eligible populations to access workforce system resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present before audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Training experience, understanding of adult learning pedagogy.
- Cultural competency and sensitivity to needs of other cultures and religions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.