Placement Specialist for Family Reunification
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Family Reunification, the Placement Specialist for Family Reunification will engage collaboratively with the Children and Family Services Unit and family reunification team in order to provide essential support services to LIRS local partner agencies, including the provision of technical assistance to foster care staff and federal foster care stakeholders. This role will coordinate referral assurance and placement of unaccompanied children in federal custody to affiliate, as well as, provide ongoing support of migrant and refugee care through technical assistance, integration of child welfare best practices and standards, and ongoing communication.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates. We offer flexible work hours, excellent benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, professional development funds, and a 403(b) with organizational match.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinates placements of children into Home Study and Post Release Services network
- Accepts and processes home study and post release service cases for refugee and migrant youth to partner providers and LIRS case management team.
- Tracks capacity of the HSPRS network and works with CFS team members to ensure programs operate at 90% capacity or above.
- Responsible for knowing current capacity of national network for placement availability. Requires capturing, organizing, and analyzing significant data around openings, budgeted capacity, placement types and trends, capacity challenges, language and cultural appropriateness, and special services.
- Assists with required reports to funders.
- Accompany fellow Children and Family Services staff on annual site visits to provide technical assistance during training of partner network.
- Assists with the creation of reports and documents, such as those that reflect trends in practice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required (undergraduate degree in social work or a related field strongly preferred) in combination with 2 years' work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with stakeholders and partners.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with data entry, data management, and/or use of data management tools or software.
- Cross-cultural experience and cultural competency related to issues of diversity.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
Special Position Requirements
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check as well as a CA/N check for every state in which they have resided in the last five years.
- Occasional Travel Required, less than 10%