HS/PRS Program Officer for Training and Compliance
|Location:||Baltimore, All States|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefit Package Offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!|
Reporting to the Associate Director for Family Reunification, the HSPRS Program Officer for Training and Compliance will provide training and compliance services to headquarters and program staff serving unaccompanied immigrant children released from federal custody.
This position can be remote with occasional trips to Baltimore as needed.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of over $55 million per year, and over 80 headquarters staff. Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of vulnerable migrants.
Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network of affiliates. We offer flexible work hours, excellent benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, professional development funds, parental leave and a 403(b) with organizational match.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify training needs and program challenges for the development of materials, resources, and tools to enhance the delivery of program services in accordance with recognized child welfare standards, LIRS best practices, and LIRS/ORR policies and procedures implementation
- Coordinate and conduct pre-services training for all HS/PRS headquarters and case management staff
- Create and facilitate online and in person trainings using interactive video conferencing and presentations to inform field and HQ staff of the most recent standards and policies and procedures regarding home studies and post release services for UC
- In consult with Senior Assistant Director for Family Reunification, recommending additional training for case managers and regional supervisors as needed
- Assist with writing proposals for existing and new programs
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master\'s degree in Social Work or related Behavioral Health Science is required
- Minimum of 3 years\' progressive experience in program management serving children and families required
- 2 years progressive experiences in federal grant management including subrecipient monitoring required
- Experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management and compliance.
- Excellent writing skills required
- Deep commitment to LIRS\' core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Special Position Requirements
- Licensed or license eligible strongly preferred
- Spanish language ability strongly preferred
- Up to 50% travel Required
- Valid driver\'s license required
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check as well as a CA/N check for every state in whichthey have resided in the last five years.