President's Office Intern
|August 07, 2019 - October 15, 2019|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking an Intern to work in the President\'s Office. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the intern provides critical administrative and project support within the Office of the President. This is an opportunity to work on the forefront of critical issues that directly impact refugees and migrants. The intern will work across internal LIRS departments, with the Board of Directors, and key external stakeholders to assist with critical activities and initiatives. Will work closely with both the Chief of Staff as well as President & CEO on a variety of high-level projects with high visibility.
This is an unpaid internship. To be eligible, students must be enrolled at an accredited college/university and the school must sign an agreement with LIRS. Interns are expected to work 5-16 hours per week.
|Duties:||• Assist Chief of Staff with briefing materials for appropriate meetings for the President & CEO. |
• Conducts research as needed for various meetings and events the President & CEO is involved with
• Supports President & CEO in drafting after-action reports from business travel and updates for all staff from those trips
• Aids in the planning and coordination of travel for the President & CEO by liaising with LIRS internal departments and external stakeholders to plan meetings with key external stakeholders, donors, and partners
• Aids in the collection and editing of preparatory materials for all business trips of the President & CEO
• With support from the Chief of Staff and other administrative staff, manages logistics for events and large scale meetings under the purview of the office of the President
• Proofreads and edits key correspondence for the President & CEO
|Qualifications:||• Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word, email clients and internet search engines|
• Proficient in using intranets, extranets, and internet for business applications desired.
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Headquartered in Baltimore\'s beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with an 80-year history, a budget of $45 million per year, and approximately 80 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter to http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-775219.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.